The Community Association is responsible for the landscaping and maintenance of those areas. These spaces are a mix of landscaped areas (including the entrance areas and natural or undisturbed wetland areas. Community Association membership includes 167 Unit Owners.
Please read over the deed restricitions if you have any questions please contact us.
Deed Restrictions (5894 KB)
DECLARATION OF RESTRICTIONS -HUNTINGTON MILLS SUBDIVISION
THIS DECLARATION, made this 30th day of September, 2003 by Lloyd F. Arnold and Rodney Mitchell, Jr of Kent County and State of Delaware, and WLD, LTD an Iowa corporation.
WHEREAS, Lloyd F. Arnold, Rodney Mitchell, Jr and WLD, LTD hereinafter "Declarant" (set out herein in the masculine singular, regardless of number and gender) is the legal owner in Fee Simple of certain lots ofland situate in Kenton Hundred, Kent County, State of Delaware, and which are shown on the Plot of Huntington Mills Subdivision, of record in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds in and for Kent County, at Dover, Delaware in Plot Book 69, Page 30, and which comprise the same lands and premises conveyed unto Lloyd F. Arnold and Rodney Mitchell, Jr and WLD, LTD by deed of Lloyd F. Arnold dated May 13,2003 and recorded in the said Office of the Recorder of Deeds in Deed Record Book D-556 at Page 97, and being also the same lands and premises which previously had been conveyed unto Lloyd F. Arnold by deed of Leland Medford Davis and Eleanor N. Davis dated August 2, 2002 and recorded in the said Office of the Recorder of Deeds in Deed Record Book D-489 at Page 344; and
WHEREAS, said Declarant desires to declare and set forth restrictive covenants which shall henceforth forever be binding upon all the lots depicted on said plot effective as of the date of the recording of this Declaration of Restrictions;
NOW THEREFORE, know all men by these presents, that Declarant hereby agrees and declares that he is seized of all legal interest in all of the lots comprising said Huntington Mills Subdivision under and subject, nevertheless, to the following restrictive covenants, conditions, easements and agreements which he hereby declares and which shall run with and forever bind said lots;
1. Definitions The following words when used in this Declaration (unless another meaning is clearly intended) shall have the following meanings:
- a. "Association" shall mean and refer to HUNTINGTON MILLS HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION (2003), a Delaware non-stock corporation.
- b. "The Properties" shall mean and refer to all such properties as are subject to the Declaration.
- c. "Common Properties" shall mean and refer to those areas of land on any recorded subdivision plot of the Properties, designated as "Private Open Space" or the like and intended to be be devoted to the common use and enjoyment of the owners of the the Properties.
- d. "Lot" shall mean and refer to any plot of land shown upon any recorded subdivision map of The Properties with the exception of Common Properties as heretofore defined.
- e. "Living Unit" shall mean and refer to any portion of a building situated upon The Properties designed and intended for use and occupancy as a residence by a single family.
- f. "Owner" shall mean and refer to the record owner, whether one or more persons or entities, of the fee simple title to any Lot or Living Unit situated upon The Properties but, notwithstanding any applicable theory of the mortgage, shall not mean or refer to the mortgagee unless and until such mortgagee has required title pursuant to foreclosure or any proceeding in lieu of foreclosure.
- g. "Member" shall mean and refer to all those Owners who are members of the Association as provided herein.
2. Private Residences Each Lot in the Property shall be used for private residential purposes only and no buildings of any kind, except private dwelling units shall be erected or maintained on any Lot, No lot, or building erected thereupon, shall be used for commerciai purposes, including the use of any lot or dwelling for home daycare services for a fee.
3. Trailer, Mobile Homes, Etc. No temporary structure, including trailers and mobile homes, shall be permitted or maintained upon any Lot.
4. Animals and Pets Other than usual household pets, no animals of any kind, including, but not limited to, horses, cows, gouts, hogs, pigs, rabbits, poultry, pigeons, or similar animals, shall be kept or maintained on any part or portion of the Lots. Breeding of domestic animals of any kind on any part or portion of any Lot or Lots or in any building or structure thereon, is expressly prohibited. Outbuildings, such as dog houses or similar structures shall be constructed of wood, ofhigh-quality and craftsmanship, be no more than four (4) feet in height, and have a floor area of no greater than twelve (12) square feet. In any event no such outbuildings shall be erected or maintained upon any Lot before the required approvals have been obtained in accordance herewith.
5. Vegetable Gardens No vegetable gardens shall be kept or maintained on the front yards or side yards of any Lots.
6. Television and Radio Antennas & Exterjor Mechanical Devices, Etc. No television antennas, radio antennas, television or radio receiving or transmitting devices, solar energy panels or any other exterior mechanical devices shall be installed, constructed, placed or maintained on any Lot, except that the same may be installed, constructed, placed and/or maintained if it is confined within the interior of the dwelling unit; provided, however, that one satellite dish, no larger than eighteen inches (18") in diameter and no taller than four feet ( 4 ') in height, may be erected or mounted on the rear of the dwelling or in the rear yard of the lot. Exterior Christmas lights and/or ornaments shall be permitted beginning a week prior to Thanksgiving Day, provided that such lights are removed no later than twenty-one days (January 15th) following Christmas Day.
7. Trash Receptacles Trash receptacles shall be kept in clean, sanitary and enclosed areas, hidden from view, excepting that they may be placed temporarily at street/curb side on the regular day of collection or after 5:00 p.m. on the day immediately prior to the day of collection if required by the collection agency.